- The types of information that may be collected
- How the information is collected
- How we use the information that we collect
- With whom the information that we collect may be shared
- The choices that I have about Lyynks collecting, using, and sharing my information
- The security precautions that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
- Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
- Links to other web sites
- A special note for parents concerning privacy
- Limitation of Liability
- Correcting and updating personally-identifiable information
1. Types of information that may be collected
The personally-identifiable information we collect is used to facilitate delivery of services and/or products to our customers. In the process of providing these services and/or products, we require our customers to provide certain personally identifiable information. Specific details may include, but are not limited to the following and may be subject to change:
* In the case of program registrations, including, without limitation, the Lyynks Alpha Testing Program(s): We require all users and/or customers wishing to participate in any of our programs or contests to complete a Participant Registration Form. During this registration process we collect certain personally-identifiable information.
* The personally identifiable information that may be collected from our customers in completion of a Participant Registration Form is as follows: the customer’s first and last name, zip code, telephone number, age, date of birth, sex, email address, and the following additional information, if applicable: company/organization, record label, and management contact. Some program participants also will be required to provide additional personally identifiable information such as a shipping address.
* In the case of service and/or product purchases: In order to complete the purchase of a service and/or product, an on-line credit card transaction may be required. During this process we generate and collect certain verifiable personally identifiable information.
* The personally identifiable information that may be collected from our customers in completion of a service and/or product purchase is as follows: the customer’s first and last name, first and last name of the credit card owner, credit card billing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, customer’s mailing address, phone number, and email address.
* If a customer sends us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may collect such information into a file specific to such customer.
2. How the information is collected
We and/or our third-party service providers may collect information from you in several different areas on the web site located at the u.r.l., www.Lyynks.com (the “Site”), including but not limited to those described below:
You will be asked first to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to order participate in a program or use a service or feature of a service (including, without limitation, Lyynks’ proprietary Channel Manager™ technology and related technology) offered on or through the Site.
* Updates Page
In the even that your personally identifiable information changes, you should provide us with the new or changed information on the Updates Page of the Site.
* Newsletters and Site Emails
We may offer free electronic newsletters and email circulars to share information with you about the Site and our proprietary technology and services (collectively, the “Lyynks Technology”), about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our business partners, advertisers and sponsors. You may receive an electronic newsletter or email circular either by registering specifically for such or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain electronic newsletters or emails.
* Contests or Sweepstakes
* Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time, we may request personally identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose such information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey offered through the Site.
* Cookies and Usage Tracking
* IP Addresses and Click-stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Site. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served; the time spent reviewing the page, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us determine how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content and services are most popular, what type of visitors, in the aggregate, are interested in particular kinds of content and services on the Site and in certain advertising, and the like.
* Transactional Information
If you buy any services and/or products offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including financial information such as a credit card number and expiration date and general contact, billing, and shipping information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested to deliver the service(s) and/or products that you order, and to invoice you. Such information is collected and stored through encrypted means for your protection.
3. How we use the information that we collect
We internally use personally identifiable information about our customers to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Site and services usage, to improve our content and services offerings (including, without limitation, the types of digital and audiovisual materials offered by our third-party content providers) and to customize our Site’s content and layout. We believe these uses allow us to improve our Site and provide better service to our customers.
We occasionally may use a customer’s email address and, in rare situations mailing address or phone number, to contact a customer regarding administrative or billing matters.
We also may use information in the file we maintain about a customer to resolve disputes.
4. With whom the information that we collect may be shared
Information we collect may be accessed by a variety of parties, depending upon the purpose for which the information was originally collected, the terms of that engagement, and the policies into or out of which the consumer has opted. From time to time, we may send you offers from Lyynks, and/or our partners based upon the information you have provided us. In addition, we may provide information that we collect about you to third party companies in connection with promotions and other opportunities/offers. These third parties are subject to data security and confidentiality requirements.
While we believe this disclosure of your personally identifiable information will result in opportunities that may be of interest to you, you have the right to tell us not to give your personally identifiable to third parties. If you want Lyynks to keep personally identifiable information we have collected from you confidential and not share it with third parties (except for purposes of fulfilling certain transactions), please opt-out of such sharing by doing the following:
Email us as follows:
Your request must include your name, email address, and mailing address and must be signed. Please allow six weeks to process your request. After your request has been fulfilled, the only intentional disclosures of your personally identifiable information that we will make will be those required by law.
Please be aware, however, that even if you choose to exercise this opt-out feature, Lyynks may still share your information in aggregated and anonymized (non-personally-identifiable) form with its third-party content providers and other third parties to allow them to optimize their content, and/or services, and/or for other business reasons. Also, please be aware that if you choose to exercise this opt-out feature, some or all of the Site and/or the Lyynks Technology may not be made available for you to use.
5. The choices that I have about Lyynks collecting, using, and sharing my information
Some or all of the features of the Site, and access to and use of our services and/or the Lyynks Technology may not be available if you choose not to register with us and to provide us with your personally-identifiable information. When you do register with us or give us your personally identifiable information, you will have an opportunity, at the time we collect such information, to limit e-mail communications from Lyynks and from our third-party partners. You can request at any time that Lyynks not send future e-mails to you either by unsubscribing from the applicable email communication or by contacting us at unsubscribe@Lyynks.com.
6. The security precautions that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personally identifiable information
We use industry standard efforts and have established reasonable security procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and/or the World Wide Web, and Lyynks assumes no responsibility, and expressly disclaims liability, with regard to the loss or disclosure of your personally identifiable information due to causes outside of its direct control, including, without limitation, general Internet or transmittal failures and the actions of third-parties, such as hackers.
7. Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
The Site may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to its users. You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personally identifiable information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from third- parties. Lyynks cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personally identifiable information in these areas.
8. Links to other Web Sites
9. A special note for parents concerning privacy
We do not encourage or intentionally allow children under 13 to provide us with any personally identifiable information. Therefore, we ask that children under 13 (i.e., 12 years of age and under) not access or use the Site without parental or guardian approval and supervision or submit any personally identifiable information to us. Therefore, if you are a minor under the age of 13 years, please use the Site and our services only under the approval and supervision of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and do not submit any personally identifiable information to us.
We support the guidelines and regulatory requirements provided in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA):
10. Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any personally identifiable information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless Lyynks and its shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, trustees, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personally identifiable information. In addition, while Lyynks makes efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data provided by Lyynks to third-parties, including, without limitation, promotional partners and content-providers, the Releasees shall not be liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your personally identifiable information by such third parties.
12. Correcting and updating personally identifiable information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer desire to access our Site, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personally identifiable information you have provided to us. This can be done by making changes to your profile on the Updates Page of the Site, or by emailing us at info-update@Lyynks.com with the new or corrected personally-identifiable information. At your written request and upon the termination or closing of your Lyynks Account, Lyynks will delete or render unreadable any personally identifiable information supplied by you, while retaining a record of such information as is necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
1812 W. Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506
You may also contact us by e-mail at privacy@Lyynks.com.